- 1 med pumpkin (steamed until soft or baked)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbs. pumpkin spice (or ½ tsp each of cinnamon, ginger, cloves and ¼ tsp. nutmeg)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup psyllium husk or blended chia seeds
- ½ cup cashews soaked and blended until smooth or the cream of 1 can of coconut milk
Blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- 3 cups spelt or rice flour
- 1/3 cup coconut or olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder
- 2/3 cup chilled water
Mix wet ingredients together and use hands to kneed flour together.
Alternately for a flour free crust:
- 1 cup dates (soaked 1 hour)
- ½ cup coconut
- ½ cup nuts (walnuts, pecans or almonds)
Mix together in a food processor, use 1tsp coconut oil to prevent sticking and spread into pie plate. Pre-bake for 20 min before adding wet ingredients.
Bake at 350 for an hour or until golden and smelling delightful.
Eat slowly savoring the moment of sweetness!